Eat breakfast to have a baby boy
Want a baby boy? Well, then eat full breakfast and fatty diet during early pregnancy, suggests a new study.
According to the University of Missouri study, what women eat while they are in the early stages of pregnancy influences the sex and health of their unborn baby, reports The Telegraph.
Women who eat a full breakfast and a high fat diet at the time of conception are more likely to have a boy, scientists claim.
A low fat diet with periods of long fasts favours girls, the researchers have found.
Dr Cheryl Rosenfeld, of the University of Missouri, and colleagues said: "High calorie diets generally favour birth of males over females, whereas low calorie diets tend to favour females over males.
In humans and mice, food restriction and a suboptimal diet during the period around conception and early pregnancy also lead to a surfeit of daughters, most probably due to selective loss of male foetuses, the most vulnerable sex in the womb."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!