Ebola situation not out of control: WHO official
Freetown: A senior World Health Organisation official said in Sierra Leone Friday that the Ebola situation is not out of control.
Assistant Director-General for Health Security in the World Health Organisation Keiji Fukunda who visited the epic areas Kailahun and Kenema, Sierra Leone said, "I do believe however that the situation is urgent and serious.
"I believe that the right steps have been implemented. It's a matter of more persistence and more work to get a turn around."
He described Ebola as "a subregional issue and working with counterparts is very important".
The country's health ministry in its latest report confirmed 305 infections and 92 deaths, and said 39 people have been discharged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India