Eight cancer signs identified
London: Researchers have highlighted the eight unexplained symptoms that are most closely linked to cancer.
The Keele University team also points to the age at which patients should be most concerned by the symptoms, which include blood in urine and anaemia.
The other symptoms are: rectal blood, coughing up blood, breast lump or mass, difficulty swallowing, post-menopausal bleeding and abnormal prostate tests, reports the BBC.
Cancer Research UK said unusual changes in a person`s health should be checked.
The figure for each symptom was calculated by combining the results of 25 previous studies.
They found that, if the patient was below the age of 55, there were only two signs, which reached the ``one-in-20`` threshold.
These were a rectal prostate examination, which gave abnormal results, and a breast lump.
After 55, but only in men, there was evidence that difficulty swallowing could be a sign of oesophageal cancer, while blood in the urine was highlighted as a particular concern for men and women aged over 60.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic