Eight more children succumb to encephalitis in east UP
Gorakhpur: Eight more children succumbed to encephalitis taking the death count from the viral disease to 569 this year in eastern region of Uttar Pradesh, health officials said today.
The children died in BRD Medical College Hospital here, they said, adding that one child from Gorakhpur succumbed to the disease yesterday, while rest of seven deaths occurred on Sunday and Monday.
Forty eight people with symptoms of encephalitis were admitted to BRD-MCH in the last three days, they said.
With these deaths, the number of deaths in eastern UP from the disease since this year rose to 569, the officials said.
Since January this year, 2737 encephalitis patients, of whom 569 succumbed to Acute Encephalitis Syndrome, were admitted to different government hospitals, the officials said.
Around 230 patients are still being treated at these hospitals, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi