Encephalitis claims four more lives, toll 275
Gorakhpur (UP): With four more persons succumbing to encephalitis, the toll in the disease in eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh has climbed to 275 this year, health officials said here on Friday.
The dead include two children from Maharajganj district, one from Gorakhpur and one from Bihar.
The four patients died at the BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday, Additional Director, Health, S K Srivastava said.
Seventy-five persons suffering from the disease have been admitted to the hospital during the past two days, he said, adding 171 encephalitis patients are being treated at BRD-MCH at present.
As many as 1,347 encephalitis patients were admitted to BRD-MCH and government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions since January this year, of which 275 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery