Encephalitis claims four more lives, toll 275
Gorakhpur (UP): With four more persons succumbing to encephalitis, the toll in the disease in eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh has climbed to 275 this year, health officials said here on Friday.
The dead include two children from Maharajganj district, one from Gorakhpur and one from Bihar.
The four patients died at the BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday, Additional Director, Health, S K Srivastava said.
Seventy-five persons suffering from the disease have been admitted to the hospital during the past two days, he said, adding 171 encephalitis patients are being treated at BRD-MCH at present.
As many as 1,347 encephalitis patients were admitted to BRD-MCH and government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions since January this year, of which 275 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia