Encephalitis claims four more lives, toll 275
Gorakhpur (UP): With four more persons succumbing to encephalitis, the toll in the disease in eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh has climbed to 275 this year, health officials said here on Friday.
The dead include two children from Maharajganj district, one from Gorakhpur and one from Bihar.
The four patients died at the BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday, Additional Director, Health, S K Srivastava said.
Seventy-five persons suffering from the disease have been admitted to the hospital during the past two days, he said, adding 171 encephalitis patients are being treated at BRD-MCH at present.
As many as 1,347 encephalitis patients were admitted to BRD-MCH and government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions since January this year, of which 275 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet