Encephalitis claims four more lives, toll 275
Gorakhpur (UP): With four more persons succumbing to encephalitis, the toll in the disease in eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh has climbed to 275 this year, health officials said here on Friday.
The dead include two children from Maharajganj district, one from Gorakhpur and one from Bihar.
The four patients died at the BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday, Additional Director, Health, S K Srivastava said.
Seventy-five persons suffering from the disease have been admitted to the hospital during the past two days, he said, adding 171 encephalitis patients are being treated at BRD-MCH at present.
As many as 1,347 encephalitis patients were admitted to BRD-MCH and government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions since January this year, of which 275 died.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!