Encephalitis claims four more lives, toll 275
Gorakhpur (UP): With four more persons succumbing to encephalitis, the toll in the disease in eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh has climbed to 275 this year, health officials said here on Friday.
The dead include two children from Maharajganj district, one from Gorakhpur and one from Bihar.
The four patients died at the BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday, Additional Director, Health, S K Srivastava said.
Seventy-five persons suffering from the disease have been admitted to the hospital during the past two days, he said, adding 171 encephalitis patients are being treated at BRD-MCH at present.
As many as 1,347 encephalitis patients were admitted to BRD-MCH and government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions since January this year, of which 275 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical