Encephalitis death toll rises to 227
Patna: Two more children have died of encephalitis in Bihar, taking the toll due to the disease in the state to 227 since May this year, an official said Saturday.
One child each died at two hospitals in Muzaffarpur and Patna districts in the past 24 hours due to encephalitis, Additional Secretary (Health) R P Ojha told reporters.
Six new cases of encephalitis were detected in the hospitals, taking the number of such patients to 573, he said.
Health authorities have launched fogging in the encephalitis-hit districts and the exercise will be completed by July 15 next.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights