Encephalitis toll mounts to 351
Gorakhpur: With six more persons succumbing to encephalitis, the death toll due to the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh has mounted to 351 this year, health officials said here on Wednesday.
The dead hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria and Kushinagar.
Additional director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said 39 people suffering from encephalitis were admitted to BRD MCH and other government hospitals in the last two days.
He said 375 patients suffering from the disease are at present undergoing treatment in various government hospitals including BRD-MCH.
As many as 2,320 encephalitis patients were admitted in Government hospitals of the region this year, of which 351 died.
The dead also include 33 people from Bihar and two patients from Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report