Encephalitis toll mounts to 351
Gorakhpur: With six more persons succumbing to encephalitis, the death toll due to the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh has mounted to 351 this year, health officials said here on Wednesday.
The dead hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria and Kushinagar.
Additional director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said 39 people suffering from encephalitis were admitted to BRD MCH and other government hospitals in the last two days.
He said 375 patients suffering from the disease are at present undergoing treatment in various government hospitals including BRD-MCH.
As many as 2,320 encephalitis patients were admitted in Government hospitals of the region this year, of which 351 died.
The dead also include 33 people from Bihar and two patients from Nepal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list