Encephalitis toll rises to 209 in Bihar
Patna: Altogether 209 children have died of encephalitis in Bihar since May, state Additional Secretary (Health) R P Ojha said today.
A total 541 encephalitis cases were reported in the state till date out of whom 209 children have died and 93 others were undergoing treatment in various hospitals, he said.
A total 143 children have died in the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital and Kejriwal charitable hospital in Muzaffarpur, while 50 deaths have been reported at the Patna Medical College Hospital and another 11 children have died at the A N Magadh Medical College Hospital in Gaya said.
The health official said two cases of Japanese encephalitis reported from Gaya had turned out to be negative in laboratory test by National Centre For Disease Control.
Ojha said the disease was likely to abate after the onset of the monsoon season as the heat wave was one of its major cause.
The state government has declared 10 districts as encephalitis-prone and put in place additional measures for treatment of the patients, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!