close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Evaluation committee formed to assess govt hospitals

Punjab government today said it has constituted a state-level evaluation committee to assess the conditions of each government hospital in the state.

Chandigarh: Punjab government today said it has constituted a state-level evaluation committee to assess the conditions of each government hospital in the state.

Based on the committee's recommendations, the best hospital award for maintaining overall hygiene would be awarded with a cash reward of Rs 50 lakh, Punjab Principal Secretary, Health Vini Mahajan said.

The step to evaluate each and every government health institution was a part of the ongoing 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan' which has been implemented in state government hospitals, she said.

Instructions have been given to the Civil Surgeons across the state to ensure cleanliness and basic hygiene in the hospitals under their control.

The best hospital award would be given on the basis of the overall cleanliness in the hospitals both in and out, sanitation and hygiene, disposal of hospital waste, infection control, availability of support services, hygiene promotion etc, she said.

A questionnaire of about 250 questions has also been prepared and on the basis of these questions, the Evaluation Committee would evaluate the health institutions.

Minimum 70 per cent marks should be obtained by the hospital before being evaluated by the special teams, she added.

The state-level Evaluation Committee comprises of Deputy Director Pawan Jagota, State Nodal Officer Quality Assurance, Parvinder Pal Kaur, among others.

Mahajan further said about 75 per cent of the award money would go to the 'Rogi Kalyan Samiti' meant to ensure cleanliness in hospitals while the remaining 25 per cent would be disbursed among the staff members who have worked hard to make this cleanliness drive a success.

She said that during the first phase only district level hospitals would be taken up while the CHCs, sub-divisional Hospitals and Primary Health centres would be taken up in the second phase.  

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions