`Evil patch` inside brains of killers & rapists discovered
London: A German neurologist claims to have found the area of the brain where evil lurks in killers, rapists and robbers, saying that the "evil patch" lies in the central lobe and shows up as a dark mass on X-rays.
Bremen scientist Dr Gerhard Roth discovered it when investigating violent convicted offenders over the years for German government studies, the Daily Mail reported.
"We showed these people short films and measured their brain waves. Whenever there were brutal and squalid scenes the subjects showed no emotions. In the areas of the brain where we create compassion and sorrow, nothing happened," he said.
The dark mass at the front of the brain, he said, appears in all scans of people with records for criminal violence.
He said his researches have led him to believe that some criminals have a "genetic predisposition" to violence.
"When you look at the brain scans of hardened criminals, there are almost always severe shortcomings in the lower forehead part of the brain," he added.
He said that there are cases where someone becomes criminal as a result of a tumour or an injury in that area, and after an operation to remove the tumour , that person was completely normal again.
This is definitely the region of the brain where evil is formed and where it lurks, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says