Experts to study dead liver donor`s medical report
Gurgaon: The medical report of a 40-year-old man, who died at a hospital here after donating a portion of his liver to a relative, has been sent to experts in Chandigarh, police said Thursday.
Rohit Chaddha, 40, died at Medanta Medicity hospital here May 30.
Gurgaon Deputy Commissionerof Police (East) Maheshwar Dayal said the medical reports of the liver-transplantation had been sent to the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
He told IANS: "We have sought the opinion of the PGIMER experts on the medical propriety of the entire transplantation exercise."
On being asked whether a board of doctors would be constituted to examine the reports and give their opinion, Dayal maintained that it was up to the PGIMER director.
The family members of Chaddha have lodged a first information report (FIR) against the Medicity management and the team of doctors, including A.S. Suhen, Ravi Mohan, Sanjeev Sehgal, who performed the procedure May 7.
Chaddha`s brother Suman is the complainant in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players