Experts to study dead liver donor`s medical report
Gurgaon: The medical report of a 40-year-old man, who died at a hospital here after donating a portion of his liver to a relative, has been sent to experts in Chandigarh, police said Thursday.
Rohit Chaddha, 40, died at Medanta Medicity hospital here May 30.
Gurgaon Deputy Commissionerof Police (East) Maheshwar Dayal said the medical reports of the liver-transplantation had been sent to the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
He told IANS: "We have sought the opinion of the PGIMER experts on the medical propriety of the entire transplantation exercise."
On being asked whether a board of doctors would be constituted to examine the reports and give their opinion, Dayal maintained that it was up to the PGIMER director.
The family members of Chaddha have lodged a first information report (FIR) against the Medicity management and the team of doctors, including A.S. Suhen, Ravi Mohan, Sanjeev Sehgal, who performed the procedure May 7.
Chaddha`s brother Suman is the complainant in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional