FDA warns of serious rash risk with acetaminophen pain pills
Washington: Tylenol and other painkillers containing the ingredient acetaminophen can cause a potentially deadly skin rash known as Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, U.S. health regulators said on Thursday.
Companies that sell prescription acetaminophen will be required to add a warning about the skin rash to the drug`s package insert, the Food and Drug Administration said.
The agency will also request or encourage companies who sell acetaminophen products over the counter to add a warning about the risk of serious skin reactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!