Fear of childbirth triples risk of postpartum depression
Washington: Pregnant women who fear childbirth are at an increased risk of postpartum depression, it has been revealed.
According to a study of over 500,000 mothers in Finland, fear of childbirth during pregnancy was discovered to nearly triple the risk of postpartum depression.
This new observation may help health care professionals in recognizing postpartum depression, which can have severe consequences for the mother, as well as the child and may impair the development of an attachment relationship.
Other risk factors included Caesarean section, pre-term birth and major congenital anomaly.
The results were published recently in BMJ Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read