First swine flu death in Vizag
Visakhaptnam: A 23-year-old pregnant woman succumbed to swine flu at government hospital here, officials said today.
District Nodal Officer (Swine Flu) LBSH Devi told PTI that the woman was undergoing treatment for H1N1 infection at the Government Hospital for Chest and Communicable Diseases where she died last night.
The victim fist got admitted in a private hospital few days ago and was later tested positive for H1N1.
Laxmi said that a 30-year-old man was also tested positive for swine flu. However, he was discharged last week after treatment.
She also said that three cases whose samples had been sent to Mumbai for investigation are found to be negative to the virus.
In 2009, five persons had died of swine flu out of 29 cases reported in the district, while in 2010, four deaths were reported. There was no casualty due to swine flu in the district in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot