First swine flu death in Vizag
Visakhaptnam: A 23-year-old pregnant woman succumbed to swine flu at government hospital here, officials said today.
District Nodal Officer (Swine Flu) LBSH Devi told PTI that the woman was undergoing treatment for H1N1 infection at the Government Hospital for Chest and Communicable Diseases where she died last night.
The victim fist got admitted in a private hospital few days ago and was later tested positive for H1N1.
Laxmi said that a 30-year-old man was also tested positive for swine flu. However, he was discharged last week after treatment.
She also said that three cases whose samples had been sent to Mumbai for investigation are found to be negative to the virus.
In 2009, five persons had died of swine flu out of 29 cases reported in the district, while in 2010, four deaths were reported. There was no casualty due to swine flu in the district in 2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler