First swine flu death in Vizag
Visakhaptnam: A 23-year-old pregnant woman succumbed to swine flu at government hospital here, officials said today.
District Nodal Officer (Swine Flu) LBSH Devi told PTI that the woman was undergoing treatment for H1N1 infection at the Government Hospital for Chest and Communicable Diseases where she died last night.
The victim fist got admitted in a private hospital few days ago and was later tested positive for H1N1.
Laxmi said that a 30-year-old man was also tested positive for swine flu. However, he was discharged last week after treatment.
She also said that three cases whose samples had been sent to Mumbai for investigation are found to be negative to the virus.
In 2009, five persons had died of swine flu out of 29 cases reported in the district, while in 2010, four deaths were reported. There was no casualty due to swine flu in the district in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh