Flashmobs for breast cancer awareness
New Delhi: Flashmobs by young dancers, dressed in pink, were held in the capital and Mumbai to further breast cancer awareness.
A pink ribbon is an international symbol of breast cancer awareness and the colour is symbolic of support for the cause.
On Thursday, 40-50 youngsters took the capital's Select CityWalk mall visitors by surprise when they took off their t-shirts and flaunted pink tops before they broke into a jig.
The same activity was repeated in Mumbai's Phoenix Market City in Kurla Friday evening.
The initiative was a part of Ogaan Cancer Foundation's efforts to support breast cancer awareness.
Actress Sonam is the brand ambassador of the Ogaan Cancer Foundation, which has, in association with the ELLE Breast Cancer Campaign, signed up companies to wear pink for the cause.
The underlying concept behind the programme is to encourage individuals to wear a dash of pink, pledging their support towards the cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands