Food poisoning affects over 400, two children dead
Kolkata: Two children died and over 400 others were hospitalised after eating food at an iftaar party in neighbouring North 24 Parganas district, Minister of State for Health Chandrima Bhattacharya said today.
The condition of five of 435 other patients was critical in the ID Hospital at Beliaghata locality, Bhattacharya told PTI.
She said a large number of people fell ill after taking `Ghugni` (made of pulses), prepared at a community kitchen, at an iftaar party yesterday at Bankra area in North Dum Dum in the neighbouring North 24 Parganas district.
ALl the victims were taken to the ID hospital where the two children died.
A medical team has been sent to Bankra, the minister said, adding she herself was rushing to the area.