Foods that may help fight inflammation revealed
Washington: One way to fight inflammation, which is the body`s normal response to injury, is with food, says experts.
Lauren Whitt, Ph.D., UAB Employee Wellness director and adjunct professor of personal health said that the inflammation process has one goal: to respond immediately to detect and destroy the toxic material in damaged tissues before it can spread throughout the body.
She said that the trouble with inflammation occurs when the defence system gets out-of-control and begins to destroy healthy tissue, causing more damage than the original issue.
According to the National Council on Strength and Fitness Obesity has even been found to cause inflammation, and it can lead to the development of cardiovascular and metabolic disease. But weight loss is related to reduction of inflammation.
Whitt said that she encourage people to focus on eating foods that are high in fiber.
Anti-inflammatory foods to try:
Citrus fruits - Vitamin C and Vitamin E are essential antioxidants
Dark, leafy greens - High in Vitamin K
Tomatoes - The fruit`s red pigment, lycopene, is a potent antioxidant
Wild-caught salmon - Contains a rich concentration of omega-3 fatty acids
Whitt added that eating anti-inflammatory foods should not be viewed as daunting.
She said that eating to minimize inflammation doesn`t have to be an overwhelming task as one can easily incorporating leafy greens into a salad at lunch, or add a piece of whole fruit to the breakfast.
In addition, Whitt said to consume more foods straight from the farm, as well as fewer processed and fried foods. Doing so may reduce the need for some medications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video