Fortis launches `next-generation` hospital in Gurgaon
New Delhi: Healthcare Limited, a chain of private healthcare providers, Tuesday launched its flagship "next-generation" hospital, the Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) in Gurgaon, an official said here Tuesday.
The multi-speciality quaternary care hospital will have a capacity of 1,000 beds. In the first phase, the hospital will function with 450 beds.
FMRI aims to bring the next generation of super-specialization in oncology, trauma and pediatric care, with embedded centres at hospital in neurosciences, minimal access surgery, cardiac sciences and orthopedics.
It is the first hospital in its category to house the country`s full-fledged stem cell lab that would engage in advanced pre-clinical and clinical research and offer a potential medical benefits for patients requiring organ transplants and those suffering from degenerative diseases.
Speaking at the launch of the hospital here, Dilpreet Brar, regional director of FMRI, said: "The hospital is a momentous step in the furtherance of quality healthcare. Every detail has been meticulously looked into. We are offering clinical and allied services at the cutting-edge of science and technology, to treat patients across the spectrum of specialities."
Ashok Seth, chairman Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, said the hospital will take healthcare delivery in the country to its "next level".
"Our intent is to create the same equity for FMRI in multi-disciplinary care as the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute has cardiac care," he said.
Director and head of obstetrics and gynecology at FMRI, Sunita Mittal said that the institute will provide a multi-disciplinary care to each patient, unlike government facilities which are generally overcrowded to receive such care.
About 85 percent of the healthcare in the country is in the private sector.
Fortis Healthcare Limited is an integrated healthcare delivery provider in the Pan Asia-Pacific region, with about 70 healthcare facilities, 600 primary care centres and over diagnostic centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- No Indian casualty in Turkey terror attack
- Attack on Istanbul airport inhuman: PM Narendra Modi
- Spine-chilling video of road rage incident in Hong Kong: Watch
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung, Gau Raksha Dal claims they were 'cleansed' of their 'sins'
- Katrina Kaif or Jacqueline Fernandez – Who will be chosen by Salman Khan?