Four new H7N9 cases in China
Beijing: A girl in central China's Hunan province was confirmed to have been infected with the H7N9 bird flu, the fourth case China reported Sunday.
Local health authorities said the eight-year-old girl has previously been to a live poultry market and is the third H7N9 cases Hunan province reported this year, Xinhua reported.
The girl is being treated in a local hospital and is in stable condition, authorities said.
Of the three other cases reported Sunday, a 63-year-old man died of the disease Saturday in Shenzhen of south China's Guangdong province, a 37-year-old man from the city of Zhongshan is in critical condition and a 75-year-old man from the city of Liuzhou became the first human case of the bird flu in south China's Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region.
China has reported more than 100 human H7N9 cases this year, including over 20 deaths, with Zhejiang and Guangdong most affected.
Health authorities have strengthened H7N9 prevention and control measures including the closure of live poultry markets in some affected cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'