Four new H7N9 cases in China
Beijing: A girl in central China's Hunan province was confirmed to have been infected with the H7N9 bird flu, the fourth case China reported Sunday.
Local health authorities said the eight-year-old girl has previously been to a live poultry market and is the third H7N9 cases Hunan province reported this year, Xinhua reported.
The girl is being treated in a local hospital and is in stable condition, authorities said.
Of the three other cases reported Sunday, a 63-year-old man died of the disease Saturday in Shenzhen of south China's Guangdong province, a 37-year-old man from the city of Zhongshan is in critical condition and a 75-year-old man from the city of Liuzhou became the first human case of the bird flu in south China's Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region.
China has reported more than 100 human H7N9 cases this year, including over 20 deaths, with Zhejiang and Guangdong most affected.
Health authorities have strengthened H7N9 prevention and control measures including the closure of live poultry markets in some affected cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing