Four new SARS-like cases detected in Saudi Arabia
Zee Media Bureau
Riyadh: Four new cases of SARS-like novel coronavirus (nCov), have been detected in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, the health ministry has said, bringing the number of people infected with the deadly virus there to 28 out of a global 38.
According to the health ministry, one of the patients had recovered and discharged from the hospital, while three others are still being treated.
So far, 15 people have died in the Kingdom and the cases have also been reported from Jordan, where two persons have died. In Germany, one person has died, whereas two people have died in Britain, and two patients are presently getting treatment in hospital in the northern city of Lille in France. But, the virus has been the deadliest in Saudi Arabia.
The new virus (nCov), which is a cousin of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) that killed 775 people in 2003 when it exploded in East Asia, can cause coughing, fever and pneumonia.
On Sunday, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has said that the novel coronavirus (NCoV) could be passed between human in close contact.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam