Four new SARS-like cases detected in Saudi Arabia
Zee Media Bureau
Riyadh: Four new cases of SARS-like novel coronavirus (nCov), have been detected in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, the health ministry has said, bringing the number of people infected with the deadly virus there to 28 out of a global 38.
According to the health ministry, one of the patients had recovered and discharged from the hospital, while three others are still being treated.
So far, 15 people have died in the Kingdom and the cases have also been reported from Jordan, where two persons have died. In Germany, one person has died, whereas two people have died in Britain, and two patients are presently getting treatment in hospital in the northern city of Lille in France. But, the virus has been the deadliest in Saudi Arabia.
The new virus (nCov), which is a cousin of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) that killed 775 people in 2003 when it exploded in East Asia, can cause coughing, fever and pneumonia.
On Sunday, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has said that the novel coronavirus (NCoV) could be passed between human in close contact.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report