Four new SARS-like cases detected in Saudi Arabia
Zee Media Bureau
Riyadh: Four new cases of SARS-like novel coronavirus (nCov), have been detected in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, the health ministry has said, bringing the number of people infected with the deadly virus there to 28 out of a global 38.
According to the health ministry, one of the patients had recovered and discharged from the hospital, while three others are still being treated.
So far, 15 people have died in the Kingdom and the cases have also been reported from Jordan, where two persons have died. In Germany, one person has died, whereas two people have died in Britain, and two patients are presently getting treatment in hospital in the northern city of Lille in France. But, the virus has been the deadliest in Saudi Arabia.
The new virus (nCov), which is a cousin of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) that killed 775 people in 2003 when it exploded in East Asia, can cause coughing, fever and pneumonia.
On Sunday, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has said that the novel coronavirus (NCoV) could be passed between human in close contact.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza keen on reducing Lionel Messi's workload
- Amarinder Singh makes fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, says he has Congress in his DNA
- Rio 2016: After golden Olympic run, Justin Rose returns to regular job
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak