Free Hepatitis B vaccination project launched
Coimbatore: VGM Hospital here today launched its project of free vaccination for Hepatitis B to 10,000 poor and needy children of Coimbatore district.
To mark the launch, 30 children of neighbouring slums were given free vaccination at a function, which was inaugurated by Dr K Ajay Kumar, Rotary District Governor, on the hospital premises.
Padma Bhushan Dr Varaprasad Reddy, Chairman, Sanofi group of companies had provided free dose of vaccine for the project, Hospital chairman, V G Mohanprasad, told reporters.
Under the project parents of children, who have not been vaccinated against Hepatitis B, can ask for free vaccinaton through the concerned headmaster or principal of their educational institutions, he said.
Stating that second and third dose (one month and 6 months from the first dose) will be given at Rs.50 per dose, as against the original value of Rs.140 to Rs.150, he said, parents who do not know the vaccination status were requested to refer the Immunisation Card of the child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama
- Check Mahresults.nic.in & hscresult.mkcl.org for class 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE today at 1 PM