Free Hepatitis B vaccination project launched
Coimbatore: VGM Hospital here today launched its project of free vaccination for Hepatitis B to 10,000 poor and needy children of Coimbatore district.
To mark the launch, 30 children of neighbouring slums were given free vaccination at a function, which was inaugurated by Dr K Ajay Kumar, Rotary District Governor, on the hospital premises.
Padma Bhushan Dr Varaprasad Reddy, Chairman, Sanofi group of companies had provided free dose of vaccine for the project, Hospital chairman, V G Mohanprasad, told reporters.
Under the project parents of children, who have not been vaccinated against Hepatitis B, can ask for free vaccinaton through the concerned headmaster or principal of their educational institutions, he said.
Stating that second and third dose (one month and 6 months from the first dose) will be given at Rs.50 per dose, as against the original value of Rs.140 to Rs.150, he said, parents who do not know the vaccination status were requested to refer the Immunisation Card of the child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM