Gardening is good for health
London: Tending your garden can make you feel younger and happier, say experts.
Gardeners are also more likely to be organised and optimistic than non-gardeners, they said.
A regular spot of gardening gives the over-50s more of a "zest for life" than those who don`t have have an inclination for it, express.co.uk reported citing researchers.
Researchers from two universities in Texas analysed about 300 people over 50, dividing them into gardeners and non- gardeners.
They found that 71 percent of gardeners said they did not "feel old" compared with 57 percent of non-gardeners.
The gardeners also felt more energetic, got more exercise and were shown to be more mentally active.
There were also higher scores for "life satisfaction" among gardeners while they were also more likely to eat fresh fruit and vegetables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 17 die in fire at Ukraine home for elderly
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to take up black money issue with Swiss President
- Sharks possess distinct personalities like humans
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in