Glenmark gets USFDA nod for alcohol abstinence drug
New Delhi: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals today said it has received US health regulator`s approval to market generic version of Forest Laboratories` Campral Delayed Release Tablets, a drug used for alcohol abstinence, in the American market.
Glenmark Generics Inc, the US-based subsidiary of Glenmark Generics Ltd (GGL), has been granted final abbreviated new drug approval (ANDA) from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Acamprosate Calcium Delayed Release Tablets, Glenmark Pharma said in a statement.
GGL is a subsidiary of Mumbai-based Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Based on IMS Health sales data for the 12 month period ending March 2013, Acamprosate, which is indicated for the maintenance of abstinence from alcohol in patients with alcohol dependence, garnered sales of USD 21 million.
The Mumbai-based firm`s current portfolio consists of 88 products authorised for distribution in the US market and 53 ANDA`s are pending approval with the USFDA.
"In addition to these internal filings, GGI continues to identify and explore external development partnerships to supplement and accelerate the growth of the existing pipeline and portfolio," the company said.
Shares of Glenmark were trading at Rs 546.85 a piece on the BSE in morning trade, down 3.77 per cent from their previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?