Going to bed at 10 PM `key to good night`s sleep`
London: Want to know what`s the key to a good night`s sleep? It is going to bed at 10 PM on the dot, wearing pyjamas, after sipping a cup of tea at 9.10 PM, says a study.
The study, based on a survey, also says that a person, particularly a woman, should have at least two hours and seven minutes of rest in the evening after cooking, washing up and doing the chores, the `Daily Express` reported.
The last food of the day should be eaten by 8.29 PM and the last drink, preferably a cup of tea, at 9.10 PM, according to the survey of 2,000 adults in Britain.
The average person will watch an hour and 46 minutes of television, opting for soap operas or comedy quiz shows.
After going to bed at 10 PM in your pyjamas one should spend 20 minutes reading before settling down, lying on one`s right-hand side facing outwards on the right-hand side of bed.
People will then fall asleep at 10.26 PM and not wake up till the alarm goes off at 6.47 AM, the study claims.
Tania Johnston of bedlinen brand Bedeck, which commissioned the poll, said: "Our survey shows all that is needed for a good rest is a chilled-out evening and a bit of routine."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Baal nahi ball ko dekho: Sachin Tendulkar's tip to tackle Lasith Malinga
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Waiting for Jaypee to come back to me on Indian GP's return in 2016: Bernie Ecclestone
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon