Golden rules for staying fit and healthy in old age revealed
London: Experts have jotted down five golden rules for a healthy lifestyle which according to them are a key to staying healthy and fit during old age.
The experts have revealed that not over-eating, avoiding being overweight, eating a healthy diet, getting regular exercise and taking some "tried and tested pills" are the five golden rules to remaining healthy, the Daily Express reported.
According to the scientists, from Linkoping University in Sweden, lifestyle factors are vital for maintaining cognitive , psychological and physical health as we grow older.
One of the study leaders, professor Mats Hammar, cautioned people against leaving the dinner table "stuffed to the gills", while claiming that under-eating slightly in the form of limited calorie intake is probably beneficial in the long run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss