Golden rules for staying fit and healthy in old age revealed
London: Experts have jotted down five golden rules for a healthy lifestyle which according to them are a key to staying healthy and fit during old age.
The experts have revealed that not over-eating, avoiding being overweight, eating a healthy diet, getting regular exercise and taking some "tried and tested pills" are the five golden rules to remaining healthy, the Daily Express reported.
According to the scientists, from Linkoping University in Sweden, lifestyle factors are vital for maintaining cognitive , psychological and physical health as we grow older.
One of the study leaders, professor Mats Hammar, cautioned people against leaving the dinner table "stuffed to the gills", while claiming that under-eating slightly in the form of limited calorie intake is probably beneficial in the long run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred