Government keen to create human resource in health: Azad
New Delhi: The government is keen to create human resource as well as infrastructure in the health sector, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said Tuesday.
Inaugurating the residential block at the Lady Hardinge Medical College here, Azad said huge infrastructure has been created in India under the National Rural Health Mission.
During the United Progressive Alliance-I and UPA-II governments, 18,000 and 33,000 hospitals have been added respectively at the sub-centre, primary health centre, community health centre and at district-level hospitals in the country, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?