Govt forms GoM to deal with Japanese Encephalitis
New Delhi: The Government has formed a Group of Ministers (GoM) to deal with the danger posed by Japanese Encephalitis and Acute Encephalitis syndrome (AES) which have claimed over 400 child deaths in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Apart from Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, the GoM includes Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath, Minister of Social Justice and empowerment Mukul Wasnik and Minister of Rural Development and Drinking Water Sanitation Jairam Ramesh.
Minister of state (Independent Charge) of Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath is the only non cabinet minister who is the part of the GoM.
The GoM will evolve and suggest a multi-pronged strategy to deal with Japanese Encephalitis and AES, officials said.
"The GoM would work on preventive, case management, and rehabilitation (rehabilitation of disabled children, schools for physically and mentally challenged ) measures for consideration and approval of the Cabinet," the terms of reference for the GoM state.
Azad, who had visited Gorakhpur and other areas of Eastern Uttar Pradesh had suggested the formation of a GoM for a multi pronged strategy to curb the onslaught of these killer diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...