Govt forms GoM to deal with Japanese Encephalitis
New Delhi: The Government has formed a Group of Ministers (GoM) to deal with the danger posed by Japanese Encephalitis and Acute Encephalitis syndrome (AES) which have claimed over 400 child deaths in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Apart from Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, the GoM includes Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath, Minister of Social Justice and empowerment Mukul Wasnik and Minister of Rural Development and Drinking Water Sanitation Jairam Ramesh.
Minister of state (Independent Charge) of Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath is the only non cabinet minister who is the part of the GoM.
The GoM will evolve and suggest a multi-pronged strategy to deal with Japanese Encephalitis and AES, officials said.
"The GoM would work on preventive, case management, and rehabilitation (rehabilitation of disabled children, schools for physically and mentally challenged ) measures for consideration and approval of the Cabinet," the terms of reference for the GoM state.
Azad, who had visited Gorakhpur and other areas of Eastern Uttar Pradesh had suggested the formation of a GoM for a multi pronged strategy to curb the onslaught of these killer diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda