Graphic anti-smoking warnings alter cigarette taste
Washington: Smokers in Australia have complained that since graphic warnings were put up on packets, the cigarettes don`t taste as good as they did before.
The interesting thing about the consumers` grievance is that the tobacco and formulation of cigarette has not changed.
This influence in cigarette taste happened because of priming that is a psychological and perceptual illusion, which is created by combining unpleasant graphics with pleasant cigarette taste, Discovery News reported.
Blind-taste studies have reported that identical wines taste better when poured out of expensive bottles, and tap water poured from an expensive brand-name bottle tastes better than tap water from the faucet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth