Graphic anti-smoking warnings alter cigarette taste
Washington: Smokers in Australia have complained that since graphic warnings were put up on packets, the cigarettes don`t taste as good as they did before.
The interesting thing about the consumers` grievance is that the tobacco and formulation of cigarette has not changed.
This influence in cigarette taste happened because of priming that is a psychological and perceptual illusion, which is created by combining unpleasant graphics with pleasant cigarette taste, Discovery News reported.
Blind-taste studies have reported that identical wines taste better when poured out of expensive bottles, and tap water poured from an expensive brand-name bottle tastes better than tap water from the faucet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?