H7N9 bird flu claims 20 lives in China
Beijing: The bird flu has claimed 20 lives while causing 102 cases of the avian influenza --H7N9 -- in China, with six fresh cases being reported from coastal provinces of Zhejiang and Jiangsu Sunday, Xinhua reported.
The National Health and Family Planning Commission said in its daily update on H7N9 cases that a total of 102 H7N9 cases have been reported in the country, including 20 leading to death.
Of the total, 12 H7N9 patients have been discharged from hospitals after receiving treatment, and the other 70 patients are being treated in designated hospitals, it said.
A total of 33 cases, including 11 that have ended in death, have been reported from Shanghai alone
China officially confirmed the human cases infected with the H7N9 virus late last month
According to the commission, China`s confirmed H7N9 cases are isolated and there has been no sign of human-to-human transmission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery