Hangovers only get worse with age
Hangovers actually get worse as we get older, according to an expert.
in upstate Schenectady, told MSNBC that as people age, their bodies are not as adept at processing alcohol as they once were.
"The critical enzymes for breaking down booze are somewhat diminished in efficiency as we age," the New York Daily News quoted Schaefer as saying.
According to Schaefer, the body depends on the enzymes alcohol dehydrogenase, or ALDH, and aldehyde dehydrogenase, or ADH, to break down alcohol into a nontoxic substance called acetic acid.
As those enzyme levels go down, hangovers get worse.
If you do plan to party, Schaefer says, keep another point in mind: Pounding cheap booze leads to pounding headaches the next morning. Inexpensive beer, wine and liquor are guaranteed to intensify hangovers over pricier options, he said.
"The more expensive liquors are often filtered and triple or more distilled -- thus, cleaner alcohol, less junk," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report
- Cbseresults.nic.in & CBSE.nic.in 10th X Result 2016 CBSE: CBSE board class 10th X exam result 2016 announced