Hangovers only get worse with age
Hangovers actually get worse as we get older, according to an expert.
in upstate Schenectady, told MSNBC that as people age, their bodies are not as adept at processing alcohol as they once were.
"The critical enzymes for breaking down booze are somewhat diminished in efficiency as we age," the New York Daily News quoted Schaefer as saying.
According to Schaefer, the body depends on the enzymes alcohol dehydrogenase, or ALDH, and aldehyde dehydrogenase, or ADH, to break down alcohol into a nontoxic substance called acetic acid.
As those enzyme levels go down, hangovers get worse.
If you do plan to party, Schaefer says, keep another point in mind: Pounding cheap booze leads to pounding headaches the next morning. Inexpensive beer, wine and liquor are guaranteed to intensify hangovers over pricier options, he said.
"The more expensive liquors are often filtered and triple or more distilled -- thus, cleaner alcohol, less junk," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video