Health Ministry allocation goes up by 202 percent
New Delhi:The tentative allocation for the Health and Family Welfare Ministry during the 12th Five Year Plan has gone up by 202 percent to reach Rs 3,00,018 crore, the Rajya Sabha was informed today.
In a written reply to the House, Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said, "As per the 12th Five Year Plan, document of Planning Commission, the tentative allocation for the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is Rs 3,00,018 crore, which is an increase of 202 percent".
He also said that the actual allocation for the Ministry during the 11th Plan period was Rs 99,491 crore.
On ways to utilise the extra allocation, the Minister said, "Higher resources would support more activities in public health care, including improving health infrastructure".
Replying to a separate question on deaths in Kalavati Saran Children`s Hospital here, the Minister said that out of the 23,179 children admitted there, 943 died till the month of July this year.
He also said that a team from the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) had visited the hospital recently.
In reply to a question on disposal of bio-medical wastes, he said, "Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has prescribed guidelines for common bio-medical waste treatment facilities as well as for design and construction of incinerators and environmentally sound management of mercury waste generated from health care facilities".
He also claimed that there is a decrease in quantity of bio-medical waste generation which was 405 tonnes per day in the year 2009. In 2009, total 355 tons of bio-waste were generated per day.
The decrease in generation of bio-waste can be attributed to the proper segregation of waste generated at the source level, Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination