Health officials draw up plan of action to keep Ebola at bay
Gangtok: A meeting of senior officers of the Health Department was held here to formulate a plan of action for prevention and treatment of Ebola Virus Disease in Sikkim.
Health Secretary Dr K Bhandari, who chaired the meeting yesterday, said no case of Ebola had been reported in the state and the meeting was to draw up precautionary measures if there was an outbreak of the disease in the future.
State and District Rapid Response Teams (RRT) were formed and the meeting decided to set up isolation wards at STNM Hospital and the Central Referral Hospital.
The meeting identified the state-level spokesperson, district level spokespersons and a Nodal Officer besides identifying officials responsible for sample collection and transportation.
It was also decided that separate doctors and nursing personnel for Ebola Isolation Ward will be identified by PCC cum Superintendent, STNM Hospital as and when needed.
The meeting also decided to create awareness amongst the people and has issued an advisory to avoid travel to Ebola Virus Disease affected countries and inform the nearest health centres if anyone coming from the affected countries are found to be ill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Islamic State has Euro 2016 in its sights, German spy chief says
- Infosys names Anantha Radhakrishnan as new BPO head
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions