Health officials draw up plan of action to keep Ebola at bay
Gangtok: A meeting of senior officers of the Health Department was held here to formulate a plan of action for prevention and treatment of Ebola Virus Disease in Sikkim.
Health Secretary Dr K Bhandari, who chaired the meeting yesterday, said no case of Ebola had been reported in the state and the meeting was to draw up precautionary measures if there was an outbreak of the disease in the future.
State and District Rapid Response Teams (RRT) were formed and the meeting decided to set up isolation wards at STNM Hospital and the Central Referral Hospital.
The meeting identified the state-level spokesperson, district level spokespersons and a Nodal Officer besides identifying officials responsible for sample collection and transportation.
It was also decided that separate doctors and nursing personnel for Ebola Isolation Ward will be identified by PCC cum Superintendent, STNM Hospital as and when needed.
The meeting also decided to create awareness amongst the people and has issued an advisory to avoid travel to Ebola Virus Disease affected countries and inform the nearest health centres if anyone coming from the affected countries are found to be ill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur