Here`s how a hangover can wreak havoc on the brain
Washington: Anyone who needs a reason not to overindulge on St. Patrick`s Day or on any other day of the year, the American Chemical Society (ACS) video shows alcohol`s effects on the body.
For those celebrating St. Patrick`s Day with green beer, moderation is key, as alcohol has several negative effects on your body - many of which usually amount to a miserable morning-after.
Produced by the American Chemical Society (ACS) Office of Public Affairs, The Chemistry of Alcohol and Hangovers video explains the science behind these unpleasant after-effects that excessive drinking can have on the body.
They include headaches, caused by low blood sugar and allergic reactions to certain ingredients in liquor.
Nausea and upset stomach, resulting from alcohol`s irritant effect stimulates the secretion of acid in the stomach.
Thirst, the result of alcohol`s dehydrating effects on the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi