Here`s how a hangover can wreak havoc on the brain
Washington: Anyone who needs a reason not to overindulge on St. Patrick`s Day or on any other day of the year, the American Chemical Society (ACS) video shows alcohol`s effects on the body.
For those celebrating St. Patrick`s Day with green beer, moderation is key, as alcohol has several negative effects on your body - many of which usually amount to a miserable morning-after.
Produced by the American Chemical Society (ACS) Office of Public Affairs, The Chemistry of Alcohol and Hangovers video explains the science behind these unpleasant after-effects that excessive drinking can have on the body.
They include headaches, caused by low blood sugar and allergic reactions to certain ingredients in liquor.
Nausea and upset stomach, resulting from alcohol`s irritant effect stimulates the secretion of acid in the stomach.
Thirst, the result of alcohol`s dehydrating effects on the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report