Here`s how a hangover can wreak havoc on the brain
Washington: Anyone who needs a reason not to overindulge on St. Patrick`s Day or on any other day of the year, the American Chemical Society (ACS) video shows alcohol`s effects on the body.
For those celebrating St. Patrick`s Day with green beer, moderation is key, as alcohol has several negative effects on your body - many of which usually amount to a miserable morning-after.
Produced by the American Chemical Society (ACS) Office of Public Affairs, The Chemistry of Alcohol and Hangovers video explains the science behind these unpleasant after-effects that excessive drinking can have on the body.
They include headaches, caused by low blood sugar and allergic reactions to certain ingredients in liquor.
Nausea and upset stomach, resulting from alcohol`s irritant effect stimulates the secretion of acid in the stomach.
Thirst, the result of alcohol`s dehydrating effects on the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!