`Hot` weight-loss supplement that burns calories
Washington: Worried about those extra flab but don`t have time to exercise? Here is an easy solution – a `hot` weight-loss supplement that burns as many calories as a 20-minute walk.
Researchers at the University of Oklahoma Health and Exercise Science Department have tested the nutritional supplement which they claim has the potential to burn as many
calories as a 20-minute walk.
According to lead author Joel T Cramer, the nutritional supplement called the tri-pepper blend, contains black pepper, caffeine and a concentrated form of capsaicin - the ingredient that makes red peppers hot.
The study showed energy expenditures of three to six per cent, results that are statistically significant enough to validate product weight loss claims, Cramer said.
A group of participants in the study were given the supplement or a placebo followed by a metabolic rate test, the university said.
The study measured oxygen consumed and carbon dioxide produced by participants to determine the arresting metabolic rate of each after receiving the supplements and confirmed the viability of the weight loss supplement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra