`Hot` weight-loss supplement that burns calories
Washington: Worried about those extra flab but don`t have time to exercise? Here is an easy solution – a `hot` weight-loss supplement that burns as many calories as a 20-minute walk.
Researchers at the University of Oklahoma Health and Exercise Science Department have tested the nutritional supplement which they claim has the potential to burn as many
calories as a 20-minute walk.
According to lead author Joel T Cramer, the nutritional supplement called the tri-pepper blend, contains black pepper, caffeine and a concentrated form of capsaicin - the ingredient that makes red peppers hot.
The study showed energy expenditures of three to six per cent, results that are statistically significant enough to validate product weight loss claims, Cramer said.
A group of participants in the study were given the supplement or a placebo followed by a metabolic rate test, the university said.
The study measured oxygen consumed and carbon dioxide produced by participants to determine the arresting metabolic rate of each after receiving the supplements and confirmed the viability of the weight loss supplement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police