How ponytails, jogging and sex can cause headaches
London: Having headaches far too often? Don’t reach for the painkillers yet, as you may want to know what could really be causing the thumping pain, and maybe, do things differently.
According to experts, the most common cause of head pain is an appointment with the hairdresser or barber. It’s caused by having to hold your head back over the basin when having your hair washed, reports the Daily Mail.
Headaches could also be triggered by coughing and other types of straining — such as sneezing, blowing your nose or bending over.
Even jogging on the treadmill can cause blood vessels in the head, neck and scalp to swell, thereby producing a exertion headache’ within seconds.
While ham sandwiches, which contain tyramine as well as preservatives (nitrates or nitrites,) known to increase blood flow to the brain, can send your head pounding, ponytails can also trigger the headache pathway by pulling the hair back too tight.
Among other triggers are coital headaches occasioned while climaxing during sex, and hot showers that alters the body’s blood pressure due to changes in temperature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth