How to attain happiness in seven days
London: People rarely discover that the secret to their happiness is simple is just about finding their time doing things that make them happy.
Peter Jones, who is the author of the bestselling book `How To Do Everything And Be Happy,` said that there are three main reasons that a person is unhappy. Firstly there is lousy work/life balance. Secondly, there is lack of control. Thirdly, a person encounters people or situations that seem intent on crushing their smiley mood, the Daily Express reported.
He said that a person should make every day count and even though they can`t live every day as if it is your last but they can take the reins of their life and take control of it.
Jones asserted that people should atleast once a month get up with no plans whatsoever and see how their day unfolds. He elaborated that it is not going to be an day off but is going to be a day that has been scheduled in advance with all the preparation that entails, as living in the moment takes lesser energy and jugging day-to-day is exhausting.
He said that this allows a person to live like a four-year-old and releases them from thinking about the past or the future.
Jones said that people should schedule their time and keep a diary for this purpose, as this is the way they will not get swamped by responsibilities.
He explained that creating a live-life-now list will be an answer to the following question: what will I like to experience before I die?
The list should feature experiences that theoretically people could do right now if they were free, and had the money and could prepare.
Jones added that people should make a wish list and make sure that the items are achievable in the coming year or two. A wish list is different from their live-life-now list as it answers the question what do I want my life to be.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27