How to make festive season smoke-free one
A Health Organization has recently suggested some tips to make this season a smoke-free one.
Washington: A Health Organization has recently suggested some tips to make this season a smoke-free one.
New York Treats Tobacco (NYCTT) explained that smokers generally get triggered to reach for a cigarette due to stress, but still there are some basic tips mentioned below that are suggested to keep them away from it and make it smoke-free holidays.
- Jot down top three reasons of quitting smoking, and remember that personal reasons keeps a person motivated and determined to stay smoke-free.
- Make an action plan for how to handle the holiday triggers, such as low-calorie snack, chewing gum, or a glass of water.
- If ever feel the urge to smoke, don't give up and remember the 5Ds that Delay i.e. the urge will soon pass; Drink water; Do something else; Deep breathe; Discuss it with someone.
- Reward for staying tobacco-free and give treat for making this important step to improve your health and well-being.
- Finally, if relapsed than take the immediate steps to take help from health care provider and get the Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT).