How wrong hair style can leave you bald!
Washington: A new study has found that the way you style your hair, along with the styling tools you use, can cause significant hair damage.
This damage can cause your hair to look brittle, frizzy and lackluster or even fall out.
The good news is that you can prevent damage by following tips from dermatologists.
“Hair myths, such as brushing your hair one hundred strokes each day, can cause split ends,” board-certified dermatologist Paradi Mirmirani, MD, FAAD, assistant clinical professor of dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco, said.
“Having healthy hair is possible if you know how to care for your hair before and after styling,” the dermatologist said.
To prevent hair damage and hair loss, Dr. Mirmirani recommends people follow these simple tips:
Dry your hair by wrapping it in a towel after a shower or bath. Another
alternative is letting your hair air-dry.
Most people should handle wet hair as little as possible as wet hair breaks
more easily when combed or brushed. However, people with tightly curled or textured hair should brush their hair when wet to decrease the chances of hair breakage.
Keep brushing to minimum. Brushing your hair 100 strokes each day can
cause split ends.
Reduce the use of “long-lasting hold” styling products. Using a comb to
style your hair after you apply the product can cause the hair to break and can lead to hair loss over time.
Allow your hair to partially air dry before you style or comb. Decreasing the
number of times per week that you blow dry also helps limit damage.
Flat irons should be used on dry hair on a low or medium heat setting, no
more often than every other day. If you use a curling iron, only leave it in place for a second or two. No matter your hair type, excessive heat can damage your hair.
Do not continuously wear braids, cornrows, ponytails and hair extensions.
These styles pull on the hair and can cause tension that leads to breakage. If the tension continues, permanent hair loss can develop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti