Humble headphones to monitor pulse, BP?
New York: Move over smart phones if you are interested in fitness trackers on the go. Here come headphones that can monitor your heart rate and blood pressure.
What else, it can automatically alert doctors if a dangerously high reading is taken.
If we believe in Secrets, an anonymous gossip App popular in Silicon Valley, Apple is set to launch such earbuds that are also expected to contain a tiny tracking device so they can tell the user where they are, if lost.
Apple's headphones could monitor the pulse of runners and automatically track their health and performance.
According to a patent, the fitness monitoring system is built in a set of headphones.
The embedded activity sensor can pick up temperature, perspiration and heart rate data, among other metrics.
“The phone stores data in a similar way to thumbprint point data, fully encrypted and nothing identifiable,” the report added.
The headphones are expected to work with Apple's much rumoured iWatch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley