India gets its first tertiary care hospital for liver disease
New Delhi: The national capital took a major
leap in health care with country`s first exclusive tertiary
care hospital for liver and biliary diseases providing
patients treatment facilities at par with international level.
Set-up under the guidance of eminent herpetologist Dr S K
Sarin, the 155-bed Institute will cater exclusively to
patients with liver diseases which are on the rise because of
changing life-style and an increase in liquor consumption.
Inaugurated by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
yesterday, the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences at
Vasant Kunj has been accorded the status of a deemed
university by University Grants Commission.
It is expected that the Post Doctoral Medical College will
start imparting education in liver and biliary sciences from
this very academic session with a unique arrangement of
having half of the beds in Intensive Care Unit, Dr Sarin said.
The focus areas of the Institute will include clinical
care, advanced training, vaccine development and research in
liver and biliary diseases.
"Though it has taken time to get commissioned, it has come
out as an institute of national importance as it is going to
offer liver transplantation, comprehensive liver check-up and
other precise diagnosis, evidence based treatment and core
research," Dikshit said during the inauguration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Dombivali blast: What actually led to fire mishap in chemical factory and what all eyewitnesses saw
- Beyond Leicester City and Premier League: Understanding English Football Pyramid
- Here's how digital space went against Kangana Ranaut
- Links with Dawood Ibrahim: Won't hesitate to act against whosoever found guilty, says Rajnath Singh
- BJP-led NDA completes 2 years in offfice: What Arvind Kejriwal thinks of Narendra Modi