It`s pink for Bandra Worli Sea Link
Mumbai: The Bandra Worli Sea Link (BWSL) in Mumbai will go pink every evening for a week as part of cosmetic brand Estee Lauder's Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) campaign.
A pink ribbon is an international symbol of breast cancer awareness and the colour pink is symbolic of support for the cause.
The BWSL was first lit up in pink Friday evening to increase awareness about breast cancer and the importance of early detection.
The Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) has partnered with the BCA Campaign's Global Landmark Illumination Initiative again to light up the BWSL for the second time. They had earlier collaborated in 2012.
"The theme this year is 'Let's Defeat Breast Cancer. We're Stronger Together'," Rohan Vaziralli, country manager, Estee Lauder Companies India said in a statement.
The initiative will continue till Oct 11 and the bridge will be lit up in pink from 7 p.m. onwards every evening.
With this campaign, the BWSL joins an illustrious league of international landmarks like New York's Empire State Building, Sydney's Sydney Opera House, Paris' Louvre Museum, Dubai's Burj Al-Arab, Beijing's Beijing Olympic Pool, Rio's Cristo Redentor, Tokyo's Tokyo Tower and Ottawa's Parliament Building, which have been a part of this global tradition every October. To date, over 600 unique landmarks have been illuminated.
The Breast Cancer Awarness month is celebrated worldwide every October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge