Jaya sanctions Rs 9.93 cr for cancer treatment
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today sanctioned over Rs nine crore towards purchase of necessary equipment and other accessories for a cancer treatment centre at the Government Royapettah Hospital here.
Jayalalithaa allocated Rs 9.93 crore towards purchase of new medical equipment, accessories and creation of 83 medical and para-medical vacancies, a state government release here said.
A new building was coming up at a cost of Rs 17 crore to accommodate the exclusive cancer treatment centre, it added.
She also ordered expansion of the ambit of "Chief Minister`s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme," allowing members registered under the Farmers` Protection Scheme to be covered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway