Jubilant receives USFDA approval for two generic drugs
New Delhi: Drug firm Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd Friday said it has received approval from the US Food and Drugs Administration (USFDA) to market generic versions of GlaxoSmithKline's anti-depressant Wellbutrin SR and smoking cessation aid, Zyban.
The abbreviated new drug applications (ANDAs) approval bupropion hydrochloride extended-release tablets, the generic version of Wellbutrin SR, is in multiple strengths of 100 mg, 150 mg and 200 mg, Jubilant Life Sciences said in a filing to the BSE.
For bupropion hydrochloride extended-release tablets, the generic version of Zyban, the approval is for 150 mg, the company added.
"We expect to launch these products in Q3 FY'14," it said.
Quoting IMS data, the company said the current total market size of these products in the US is USD 518 million per annum.
As on June 30, 2013, Jubilant Life Sciences had a total of 649 filings for formulations, including 58 ANDAs filed in the US and 41 Dossier filings in Europe.
Of these, 189 have been approved in various regions of the world, the company said.
Shares of Jubilant Life Sciences were trading at Rs 75.25 apiece, down 0.13 per cent from their previous close on the BSE.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents