Largest diabetes awareness fair in Kolkata
Kolkata: Customised diet plans, diabetes management and a focus on effective detection of the disease in early stages -- all this and more will feature at the Diabetes Fair (Madhumeha Mela) here, its organisers said Tuesday.
Organised by the Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India, West Bengal Chapter, in collaboration with the Diabetic Association of India, West Bengal, the event is billed as "the largest awareness programme in the field of diabetes to be held in eastern India".
The event will run Nov 13-15 at the Netaji Indoor Stadium here.
"The focus will be on detection of diabetes as early as possible and proper management for patients. To that effect there will be stalls providing guidance on every aspect associated with it like a heart kiosk, exercise kiosk etc.," said diabetologist Kalyan Pandit, secretary Diabetic Association of India.
Services such as on-the-spot capillary blood glucose measurement, measurement of blood pressure and body fat percentage, estimation of heart attack and stroke risk for diabetics, ECG, eye examination to detect diabetic retinopathy will be made available at the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea