Largest diabetes awareness fair in Kolkata
Kolkata: Customised diet plans, diabetes management and a focus on effective detection of the disease in early stages -- all this and more will feature at the Diabetes Fair (Madhumeha Mela) here, its organisers said Tuesday.
Organised by the Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India, West Bengal Chapter, in collaboration with the Diabetic Association of India, West Bengal, the event is billed as "the largest awareness programme in the field of diabetes to be held in eastern India".
The event will run Nov 13-15 at the Netaji Indoor Stadium here.
"The focus will be on detection of diabetes as early as possible and proper management for patients. To that effect there will be stalls providing guidance on every aspect associated with it like a heart kiosk, exercise kiosk etc.," said diabetologist Kalyan Pandit, secretary Diabetic Association of India.
Services such as on-the-spot capillary blood glucose measurement, measurement of blood pressure and body fat percentage, estimation of heart attack and stroke risk for diabetics, ECG, eye examination to detect diabetic retinopathy will be made available at the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanjay Dutt rejects speculation on joining BJP, says 'attended the event for my friend'
- WATCH: Despite crushing defeat, Virat Kohli shows ultimate sign of sporting spirit
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- Now get health tips on Facebook Messenger with Lybrate's chatbot!
- Icra sees deposit growth inching up to 10-11% in FY17