Less puffing helps prolong life
London: Less puffing cuts downs mortality rates in individuals and entire populations within six months.
Simon Capewell, psychologist at University of Liverpool, said: "Our research found that smoking bans and diet improvements powerfully and rapidly reduce chronic disease in both individuals and in the wider population.
"This actually happens quickly, within a far shorter timescale than had previously been assumed; within months and years rather than decades," the journal Lancet quoted Capewell as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today