Listening to favourite music can help relieve nagging pain
London: Researchers have claimed that listening to favourite music can help you manage pain.
A new survey by chemists at LloydsPharmacy has sown that listening to Bach can ease backache and the Eels' 'Novocaine For The Soul' could help reduce pain, Metro.co.uk reported.
The poll found that four in ten people living with constant pain said that listening to their favourite tunes helps them relax and feel better.
The study suggested that the most effective genres are pop, classical and rock and indie music, while the songs that work best include Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel, Robbie Williams ' Angels, Albatross by Fleetwood Mac and The Commodores' hit Easy.
The chemists surveyed 1,500 people and learned two thirds of patients aged 16 to 24 got the most help by listening to music to manage their aches and pains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!