Listening to favourite music can help relieve nagging pain
London: Researchers have claimed that listening to favourite music can help you manage pain.
A new survey by chemists at LloydsPharmacy has sown that listening to Bach can ease backache and the Eels' 'Novocaine For The Soul' could help reduce pain, Metro.co.uk reported.
The poll found that four in ten people living with constant pain said that listening to their favourite tunes helps them relax and feel better.
The study suggested that the most effective genres are pop, classical and rock and indie music, while the songs that work best include Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel, Robbie Williams ' Angels, Albatross by Fleetwood Mac and The Commodores' hit Easy.
The chemists surveyed 1,500 people and learned two thirds of patients aged 16 to 24 got the most help by listening to music to manage their aches and pains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off