Loneliness ‘can cause weight gain`
New Delhi: The world may have become a global village because of Internet and mobile phones, but many still deal with loneliness and emotional distress that may lead to overeating and serious weight gain.
Mary Jo Rapini, a psychotherapist with The Methodist Weight Management Center in Houston says that people look for comfort food when they feel lonely or depressed.
Some will begin to gain a lot of weight, begin to feel even more self conscious about their appearance, and fall into a deeper depression.
Rapini adds that it is important to express yourself, be it through talking to someone, by journaling, drawing self-portraits of how you are feeling or writing poetry or short stories about your situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic