Loneliness ‘can cause weight gain`
New Delhi: The world may have become a global village because of Internet and mobile phones, but many still deal with loneliness and emotional distress that may lead to overeating and serious weight gain.
Mary Jo Rapini, a psychotherapist with The Methodist Weight Management Center in Houston says that people look for comfort food when they feel lonely or depressed.
Some will begin to gain a lot of weight, begin to feel even more self conscious about their appearance, and fall into a deeper depression.
Rapini adds that it is important to express yourself, be it through talking to someone, by journaling, drawing self-portraits of how you are feeling or writing poetry or short stories about your situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees