Loneliness ‘can cause weight gain`
New Delhi: The world may have become a global village because of Internet and mobile phones, but many still deal with loneliness and emotional distress that may lead to overeating and serious weight gain.
Mary Jo Rapini, a psychotherapist with The Methodist Weight Management Center in Houston says that people look for comfort food when they feel lonely or depressed.
Some will begin to gain a lot of weight, begin to feel even more self conscious about their appearance, and fall into a deeper depression.
Rapini adds that it is important to express yourself, be it through talking to someone, by journaling, drawing self-portraits of how you are feeling or writing poetry or short stories about your situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital