Loneliness ‘can cause weight gain`
New Delhi: The world may have become a global village because of Internet and mobile phones, but many still deal with loneliness and emotional distress that may lead to overeating and serious weight gain.
Mary Jo Rapini, a psychotherapist with The Methodist Weight Management Center in Houston says that people look for comfort food when they feel lonely or depressed.
Some will begin to gain a lot of weight, begin to feel even more self conscious about their appearance, and fall into a deeper depression.
Rapini adds that it is important to express yourself, be it through talking to someone, by journaling, drawing self-portraits of how you are feeling or writing poetry or short stories about your situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- It's official: Allan Donald named Australia's bowling coach for Sri Lanka tour
- Kane Williamson named New Zealand skipper for all three formats
- Hema Malini congratulates Deepika for her engagement!
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results (mbse.edu.in) to be declared today
- Docoss X1 Smartphone at Rs 888: All you want to know