Loneliness ‘can cause weight gain`
New Delhi: The world may have become a global village because of Internet and mobile phones, but many still deal with loneliness and emotional distress that may lead to overeating and serious weight gain.
Mary Jo Rapini, a psychotherapist with The Methodist Weight Management Center in Houston says that people look for comfort food when they feel lonely or depressed.
Some will begin to gain a lot of weight, begin to feel even more self conscious about their appearance, and fall into a deeper depression.
Rapini adds that it is important to express yourself, be it through talking to someone, by journaling, drawing self-portraits of how you are feeling or writing poetry or short stories about your situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan