Lupin gets USFDA approval for generic Lexapro tablets
New Delhi: Drug firm Lupin Ltd today said it has received American health regulator`s approval to market Escitalopram tablets, used in treating depressive disorders, in the US market.
The company`s subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has received final approval from US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its Escitalopram tablets in strengths of 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg, Lupin said in a statement.
Lupin`s product is the generic version of Forest Laboratories Inc`s Lexapro tablets and is indicated for treatment of major depressive disorder in adults and adolescents aged 12-17 years as also for the acute treatment of general anxiety disorder in adults, it added.
According to IMS Health sales data, Lexapro tablets had annual US sales of around USD 2.7 billion for the 12-month period ending March, 2012.
The Mumbai-headquartered firm has so far filed 176 product applications with the USFDA and has received 65 approvals till date.
Shares of Lupin today closed at Rs 599.20 on the BSE, down 3.19 per cent from their previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says