Lupin gets USFDA nod for generic schizophrenia capsules
New Delhi: Drug firm Lupin today said it has received approval from the US health regulator for its generic Ziprasidone Hydrochloride capsules, used for treating mental
disorders in the American market.
The company`s subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has received final approval for its Ziprasidone Hydrochloride capsules in the strengths of 20 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg and 80 mg
from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA), Lupin said in a statement.
The capsules are generic equivalent of Pfizer Inc`s Geodon capsules in the same strengths and the firm has already commenced shipping them, it added.
"Pfizer`s Geodon capsules had sales of USD 1.35 billion as per IMS Health, December 2011, Lupin said.
Geodon capsules are indicated for Schizophrenia. The company said it is one of the first applicants to file an abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) for Geodon Ziprasidone Hydrochloride Capsules in the strengths of 20 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg and 80 mg strengths and is entitled to shared exclusivity.
Lupin Ltd scrips were trading at Rs 491 per share during the mid-day trade on the BSE, down 0.46 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre