Lupin launches generic cholesterol lowering drug in US
New Delhi: Drug-maker Lupin Tuesday said its subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has launched cholesterol lowering drug Fenofibrate tablets in 48mg and 145mg strengths in the United States.
The Mumbai-based company`s Fenofibrate tablets are a generic version of Abbott`s Tricor tablets.
Lupin had received US Food and Drug Administration approval for the drug earlier.
"We are very happy to bring this product to market in the United States. Patients can be assured that they are receiving the same high quality product they have been accustomed to at a more affordable price," Vinita Gupta, Lupin group president, said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda