Lupin launches generic cholesterol lowering drug in US
New Delhi: Drug-maker Lupin Tuesday said its subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has launched cholesterol lowering drug Fenofibrate tablets in 48mg and 145mg strengths in the United States.
The Mumbai-based company`s Fenofibrate tablets are a generic version of Abbott`s Tricor tablets.
Lupin had received US Food and Drug Administration approval for the drug earlier.
"We are very happy to bring this product to market in the United States. Patients can be assured that they are receiving the same high quality product they have been accustomed to at a more affordable price," Vinita Gupta, Lupin group president, said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report