Lupin launches generic cholesterol lowering drug in US
New Delhi: Drug-maker Lupin Tuesday said its subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has launched cholesterol lowering drug Fenofibrate tablets in 48mg and 145mg strengths in the United States.
The Mumbai-based company`s Fenofibrate tablets are a generic version of Abbott`s Tricor tablets.
Lupin had received US Food and Drug Administration approval for the drug earlier.
"We are very happy to bring this product to market in the United States. Patients can be assured that they are receiving the same high quality product they have been accustomed to at a more affordable price," Vinita Gupta, Lupin group president, said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...