Lupin launches generic cholesterol lowering drug in US
New Delhi: Drug-maker Lupin Tuesday said its subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has launched cholesterol lowering drug Fenofibrate tablets in 48mg and 145mg strengths in the United States.
The Mumbai-based company`s Fenofibrate tablets are a generic version of Abbott`s Tricor tablets.
Lupin had received US Food and Drug Administration approval for the drug earlier.
"We are very happy to bring this product to market in the United States. Patients can be assured that they are receiving the same high quality product they have been accustomed to at a more affordable price," Vinita Gupta, Lupin group president, said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand